Encyclopedia of Shinto
詳細表示 (Complete Article)
|カテゴリー1：||8. Schools, Groups, and Personalities|
|カテゴリー2：||Modern Sectarian Groups|
A movement established through the merging of four branches of Sekai Kyūseikyō that had split from that organization. It began its activities in 1955 after the death of the founder of Sekai Kyūseikyō, Okada Mōkichi (1882-1955). A year before Okada's death, Maki Kinosuke (1894-1961), leader of Sekai Kyūseikyō's Ōjin Kyōkai (Ōjin branch church), had begun receiving mystical experiences, and in response, the Nankō, Nyoirin, and Kiitsu churches, which had previously launched their own independent religious activities, combined to support Maki. In 1956 Sekai Kyuūseikyō dismissed the leaders of these four branch churches and informed the churches that they were being disbanded. As a result, the majority of members of these four churches seceded from Sekai Kyūseikyō and set up an independent movement under the leadership of Maki Kinosuke. In the same year, the movement built the Kyūseiden ("Salvation Temple") and in the next year (1957), it completed the construction of its administrative headquarters and registered as a legally independent religious movement under the Religious Corporations Law. The influence of Sekai Kyūseikyō is evident in the group's doctrines and activities. Important activities at both the movement's headquarters and at its branches include the morning service meeting and zadankai (roundtable discussions or meetings, a common feature of new religions at which members discuss personal problems and experiences).
- Yumiyama Tatsuya